Gooey caramel and crunchy pecans pair perfectly with chocolate to make these easy caramel turtle brownies a treat!
I’m not huge into candy, but give me a baked sweet, and I just can’t say no. These Easy Caramel Turtle Brownies were no exception. I could have eaten the whole pan by myself, ya’ll. But don’t worry, I exercised my will power and only ate one at a time!
I wanted to change things up with my good old go-to brownie recipe. It’s a fabulous recipe that never disappoints, but I wanted to try something new. So I added caramels and pecans, and the results were fantastic.
By using caramels, you get more of that gooey caramely goodness. If you want caramel in every bite, I would suggest that you cut the caramels up into quarters, or even in half, to help disperse them more throughout the brownies. Either way, these easy caramel turtle brownies are sure to be a winning recipe that you’ll want to make again and again!
The hardest part of this recipe is unwrapping the caramels. Seriously, why don’t they make caramels that aren’t wrapped for baking? Somebody inventive, get on this right away! I put my kids to work unwrapping the caramels while I whipped up the batter.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, (one stick), cubed
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped or whole
- 12-15 caramels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9-inch pan.
- Combine 1 cup (set the rest aside for later) of the chocolate chips with the butter in a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Try to use the minimum amount of time, along with stirring, to get the chocolate chips melted, so the bowl doesn't get too hot.
- Whisk in eggs.
- Then stir in flour, sugar, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips, along with the pecans.
- Pour (or spoon) into prepared pan.
- Distribute caramels evenly across pan. They are heavier than the batter, so they should end up sinking into the batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
I hope you enjoy this easy caramel turtle brownies recipe! Leave me a comment below with your favorite brownie add-in ideas!
Don’t forget to pin!