Easy Spanish Rice is made with minute rice. So not only is it a tasty side dish; it’s also super fast & easy!
We love tacos, burritos, and basically all things Tex-Mex around here. But I’m not always sure what to serve on the side. I love Spanish Rice so last time we had burritos, I made this super easy recipe to go on the side. I really enjoyed the rice, and I love how easy it is!
I used minute rice because it’s fast and because I can’t seem to make my rice turned out well since we moved to Idaho. I had regular rice down to a science in Texas but the recipe just does not translate up here and after ruining rice repeatedly, I broke down and bought minute rice!! So this recipe is made with instant rice and honestly it tastes just as good and it’s so much faster!
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon homemade taco seasoning
- 3 cups instant minute rice
- 1 cup salsa
- fresh tomatoes and onions chopped (optional)
- Combine water, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and stir; cover and remove from heat.
- After 5 minute or all water is absorbed, stir in salsa. Recover until salsa is warm or you're ready to serve.
- Top with tomatoes and onions if desired.
I used homemade taco seasoning because I think it just tastes so much better! <— Click the link for that recipe.