But one of our favorite ways to make sure that we can have peach desserts even during the winter is to make this freezable peach pie filling.
This recipe comes from the Ball Blue Book, which is a great source for tried and true preserving recipes. It’s simple to make, taking about 20 minutes and it freezes very well.
When you’re ready to use your freezable peach pie filling, simply thaw in the refrigerator, and then use in your favorite recipe.
- 6 pounds peaches, washed (about 20-22 medium peaches)
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Peel, pit, and slice peaches. Rinse and drain peaches.
- Combine sugar, flour, and spices in saucepan. Stir peaches into sugar mixture. Let stand about 30 minutes until juices begin to flow.
- Add lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken.
- Ladle pie filling into 2 or 3 can-or-freeze jars or freezer bags .
- Cool at room temperature no more than 2 hours and then freeze.
The amount of jars or freezer bags depends on what size pies you normally make and how full you like them, I did 2.
When Ready to Bake: Thaw in fridge and then pour into a pie crust and cover with a second crust. Cut slits in top crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins. or until crust is golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
And you will be ready to make a peach pie whenever you want! I love having goodies stored in my freezer to pull out whenever I need to make a dessert and peach pie is one of my favorites!
Do you have any favorite peach recipes you love to make? Drop us a comment below– we’re always looking for great recipes to try out!
Don’t forget to pin!