French Dip Sandwiches in the Instant Pot is super simple and fast way to get dinner on the table for your family. Add a veggie side and you are good to go.
Most slow cooker dishes can be made in the instant pot with a few adjustments. Some need less water than the slow cooker and some need more. You just have to play with it a little.
This French Dip Sandwiches recipe is one of those that you need less water in the Instant Pot recipe than the slow cooker. We have loved this French Dip Sandwich recipe for quite a while. It’s pretty easy.
I love that I can switch back and forth depending how much I have my act together. Sometimes I want a specific meal but don’t even have the ingredients. I trip to the store is in order before I can make it. So that day it’s an instant pot meal. Other times, I’m on the ball and can get it all in the slow cooker in the morning.
Once a week I lead a GriefShare group. Those days would be good days to throw it all in the slow cooker in the morning, so The Hardworking Husband can eat while I’m gone and then I eat when I get home.
Have you heard of GriefShare? It’s a support group for people who are grieving the loss of a loved one to death. I was introduced to it a few years ago. There are groups all over the country. Go to GriefShare.org and put in your city. They will give you a list of places that are hosting a group. Also if you scroll down just a little, there is a place to sign up for daily emails. It has been such an honor to be able to lead a group.
This recipe is a great one when you need something easy once you get home from work or from picking the kids up from their activities.
- 2.5 - 3 lb chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp DIY onion mix or 2 pkg onion soup mix
- Crusty rolls
- Provolone cheese
- Turn instant pot on to the saute setting.
- Add olive oil to pan
- Season all sides of roast
- Place roast in instant pot and sear all sides.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix over roast.
- Pour beef stock and water over roast.
- Set instant pot to 70 minutes on manual mode.
- Allow to naturally release.
- Remove roast from instant pot and shred. (I used my stand mixer with the paddle attachment to shred)
- Cut rolls in half and place some of the shredded roast on the bottom of the roll.
- Top with provolone and broil until cheese is melted.
- The juice in the pot is the au jus.
- Top with the other half of the roll and serve with au jus.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!