Delicious, not-too-sweet fresh strawberry donuts.
I truly try not to share too many strawberry posts with you all. Lucy and Kerry tease me for yet another strawberry post, but I can’t help it! I just love strawberries! And these fresh strawberry donuts are just as delicious as my other strawberry posts!
I bought a donut pan a while back, so I would have the ability to bake donuts. However, I found that it was kind of a pain to whip up a batch of donuts, to only be able to cook one pan at a time. So I knew that I needed to get another donut pan, but just kept forgetting about it.
Low and behold, I was at a yardsale not long ago, and there were two donut pans sitting there! What a score! They are Wilton, just like mine, and in great shape, and for a great price! I couldn’t pass them up. And after that, I definitely needed to make donuts to share with you all.
This recipe is taken from my Fresh Strawberry Muffin recipe. Just like with it, these fresh strawberry donuts are packed full of fresh, chopped strawberries. The donut batter itself isn’t super sweet, but the strawberries really pack in the flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter,, melted
- 1 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease or spray 2 donut pans.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter in microwave (approximately 30-60 seconds, stirring every 15-20 seconds).
- Into the butter, beat eggs and milk. Stir butter mixture into the dry ingredients until it is just moistened. Then fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon into prepared donut pans. Bake 8-10 minutes, until top of donuts are slightly golden. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan (this is really important, or they won't remove well). You may need to run a spoon around the edge of each donut, if you have trouble removing them.
Eat them plain (which is perfect for me!), or glaze them, sprinkle powdered sugar on them, or even frost them. If you want a delicious strawberry glaze on them, there’s one included with these strawberry cookies.
What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?
Don’t forget to pin!