Gingerbread Chai Cheesecake Cups with are perfect for a sweet treat without being too much. Sweet with a whole lot of Christmas spice.
The Gingerbread Men with Chai Buttercream were such a hit. I knew I needed to use those flavor pairings again. But this time I wanted to go smaller. And these are much smaller. I used glasses that are 3 oz and that seems to be the perfect size. These Gingerbread Chai Cheesecake Cups are rich and you just don’t need it to be large.
What is Chai?
Chai means tea. Chai is a black of tea that has spices that include cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, ginger, cloves, and star anise.
Often Chai is used to make Chai Lattes. Chai Lattes are made with milk, and chai.
Because gingerbread and chai have similar flavors these go so well together. And since these flavors are often associated with Christmas, they are perfect for a holiday treat.
- Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
Flavored Whipping Cream
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp whipping cream
- 2 Orange Spice Black Tea bags
Chai Simple Syrup
- 1 Chai Spice Tea Bag
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A day ahead of time, steep orange spice black tea bags in the cold whipping cream. Place in fridge until you are ready to use it.
- At least 5 hours before making this recipe, bring 1/2 cup to a boil. Turn heat off and add Chai Spice tea bag to water. Allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bag (do not squeeze bag). You may need to add a little water so you have a full 1/2 cup of water. Add 1/2 cup sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour in a container and place in fridge for at least 4.5 hours. (I made this when I started steeping the whipping cream.
- At least 4 hour before making this recipe, mix up gingerbread cookie dough. Place in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Place cream cheese on counter to soften while you work on step 6.
- Roll out 1/2 of the gingerbread cookie dough. You will need to use a round cookie cutter that will fit inside your glass opening. Cut 24 circles and 12 tiny gingerbread men.
- Bake cookies, cool and set aside.
- In mixer, blend cream cheese until smooth, add powdered sugar a little at a time. mix until well combined. Add vanilla extract and blend.
- Move cream cheese to another bowl, if you used your stand mixer. (I had to wash my bowl for the next step. If you do this run cold water over your bowl before drying it so that your bowl is not warm.)
- Take whipping cream out of fridge and squeeze tea bag to get all the flavor out. You may need to add a little more whipping cream to have a full cup.
- If you ware using a hand mixer, use a separate bowl. If you are using stand mixer, use washed bowl. Add whipping cream, sour cream, and 3 Tbsp Chai Simple Syrup to bowl. Using the whisk attachment Turn on medium and whip until you have stiff peaks.
- Add 1/4 whipped cream to cream cheese mixture and slowly and gently fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat until you have folded all of the whipped cream in. This is your cheesecake mousse.
- Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Fit piping bag with your favor extra large piping tip. Fill piping bag with cheesecake mousse.
- Place one round cookie in the bottom of the cup. Place another standing up on the side.
- Pipe cheesecake mousse into glass and place a gingerbread man on top. Repeat until you have filled all the cups.
- You can sprinkle with cinnamon if you'd like.
You will only use 1/2 of the gingerbread cookie recipe.
These will need to be refrigerated, if not served right away.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Check out these other Christmas Treats our friends made!
Christmas Crack Bark – Easy Holiday Sweet Treat My Pinterventures
Easy Chewy Gingersnap Cookies Just Like Grandma’s Intelligent Domestications
Easy Rustic Plum Pie Domestic Deadline
Russian Tea Cakes Creative Cynchronicity
Recipe for Sweet Popcorn with Nuts Farm Girl Reformed
Christmas Sprinkle Cookies As For Me and My Homestead
Keto-friendly Christmas Sweet Treats Little Vintage Cottage
Cranberry and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies From House To Home
Best Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies (copycat) An Alli Event
Easy Mini Cranberry Eggnog Bread Interior Frugalista
Elf Christmas Treats Craft Rocker
Christmas Light Bulb Cookies Purple Hues and Me
Double Chocolate Mint Cake Mix Cookies Blogghetti
Festive Homemade Granny Smith Apple Crisp Recipe Mom Home Guide
Coconut Pecan Bites Across The Blvd.
Red Velvet White Chip Cookies Domestically Creative
Easy Gingerbread House Cupcakes Our Sutton Place
Almond Crisps Polka Dot Poplars
Traditional Gingerbread Cake with Caramel Sauce Pretty DIY Home
Low Carb Shortbread Cookies Christmas Tree Lane
How To Make Madeleines – Sweet Little Holiday Temptations My Humble Home and Garden
Through the Window Hand Towel (Free Crochet Pattern) Eye Love Knots
Christmas Snack Mix Simply Inspired Meals
Gingerbread Chai Cheesecake Cups Coffee with of Us