Most kids when they go visit their grandma’s house they are looking forward to cookies or desserts that Grandma has made for them. Not me. I was a bit of a strange child. I look forward to Grandma’s potato salad. She made the best. Later on in her life, she lost her sight and wasn’t able to make it anymore. I asked her to teach me how to make it. I now get to make the wonderful potato salad.
I love taking this potato salad to BBQ’s or summer cookouts. One of the reasons I love this potato salad is because it doesn’t have any mustard in it. I’m not a fan of mustard and can always taste it in egg salad, deviled eggs and potato salad. The Hardworking Husband loves it and would rather me not take it to a get together because he doesn’t want to share.
- 7 medium red potatoes
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet pickles
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle juice
- Boil potatoes skin on until done but not too soft. Boil eggs until hard boiled. While potatoes and eggs are boiling, chop onion and pickles.
- After potatoes are done, peel and cut up while still hot. Pieces of potato should be on the larger size. Mix potatoes, onions, and pickles in a large mixing bowl and put in refrigerator to chill.
- Peel and chop 8 of the 10 eggs, place in a separate bowl and chill. Peel the 2 extra eggs and set aside for use later.
- After all ingredients are chilled, mix mayo and pickle juice with a wire whisk. Mix eggs, and mayo mixture in with the potato mixture in the large mixing bowl. It should seem like there is too much mayo mixture. If there is just enough or not enough, mix more mayo mixture and mix in. The potatoes will absorb some of the dressing.
- Pour the potato salad into a serving bowl. Quarter the 2 remaining eggs and use to garnish.
This salad is best made at least the day before serving.
- Wsthof WU4183 4188-7 Wusthof Classic Hollow Edge Santoku Knife 7, Black
- DOWAN Ceramic Mixing Bowls/Serving Bowl Set, Non-slip soft curve on the outside design of the bowls, 0.5 Qt - 2 Qt - 4.25 Qt - Cooking Supplies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!