Grilled Caramel Apple Crunch is a fun treat for camping or a BBQ, or can even be made in the oven!
If I have a meal that needs grilling, I get the evening off! So I love grilling!
I’ve recently been wanting to try grilling a dessert, so I came up with this Grilled Caramel Apple Crunch, and it was everything I wanted it to be.
If you’re not so much of a griller, or you don’t have a grill, this Grilled Caramel Apple Crunch can be made over low coals on a campfire, or you can bake it in your oven at about 350º.
You can use granola from the store, or you can use this recipe for our favorite Versatile Granola.
Best of all, the foil packets of Grilled Caramel Apple Crunch can be made ahead of time (if you’re camping or having a lot of people over). Just put them in the fridge or cooler until you’re ready to cook them. And they don’t take very long at all!
- 1 cup chopped apple, (approximately 1 small apple)
- sprinkle of cinnamon,, optional
- 2 Tbsp caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup granola
- Preheat grill to medium heat (approximately 350º).
- Tear off 2 pieces of aluminum foil, approximately 8 inches square each.
- Put chopped apples in the center of one piece of foil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired).
- Drizzle caramel over the apples.
- Sprinkle with granola.
- Place the other foil square over the top, and roll the foil packets together. Start with the corners, and then roll up the edges, so it seals well.
- Place in the grill, over coals, or in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until apples are soft.
- Be careful when opening the foil packet, and be sure to open the side farthest away from you first, so the steam doesn't burn you.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
These directions are for 1 foil packet. Double, triple, etc for the number needed.
If you’ve got a loved one who loves grilling like my husband does, check out this list of fabulous gifts to get them for their birthday, Christmas, or just to show them you love them!
What is your favorite foil packet recipe?
Or check out this delicious Strawberry Brownie Trifle
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Check out our link parties.
Don’t forget to pin!