Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Casserole is a breakfast recipe that’s easy to pull together, but packed with great flavor! Perfect for preparing the night before, and baking the following morning.
Breakfast food is some of my favorite food. I’m not much of a morning person, so breakfast recipes need to be fast, since I don’t want to get up super early to start on it. That’s why I love breakfast recipes that can be prepped the night before like this one.
You don’t have to prep this the night before, but it will turn out best if you give it some time to sit after preparing it, so that the egg mixture soaks into the croissants.
This recipe is perfect for when I get the huge package of croissants from Costco. The price and taste is so great, but we just don’t go through that many croissants quickly enough, so finding fun ways to make them into a new meal is great! Besides this breakfast casserole, you can also use them in Kerry’s Nutella Bread Pudding recipe.
If you’re looking for other breakfast casserole recipes your whole family will love, you’ll want to try these:
Quick and Easy Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Pie is an amazing breakfast or dinner recipe!
Made with leftover sourdough bread, this breakfast casserole is filling and scrumptious.
Portable breakfast casserole bites that are perfect for busy mornings!
A delicious breakfast casserole, Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is packed full of biscuits, gravy, and scrambled eggs.
This Ham and Cheese Croissant Breakfast Casserole was inspired by this recipe.
- 5 croissants (12 ounces)
- 8 ounces chopped ham
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Chop croissants into 1-inch pieces, and place half in the pan.
- Add the chopped ham, chives and half of the Swiss cheese.
- Add the rest of the croissants, pressing down on them a bit.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Add milk, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper, and whisk well.
- Pour egg mixture over the croissants in the pan.
- Top with remaining swiss cheese, and sprinkle the cheddar over the top.
- Let stand for 20 minutes. Or cover, and put in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Bake, uncovered for 40-45 minutes, until the croissants on top are golden brown.
If made the night before, you may need to add a few extra minutes of cook time, or allow to sit at room temperature 20 minutes before cooking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 423mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 13g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Don’t forget to pin!