Perfect for brunch, this Ham Asparagus Strata is delicious!
One of my favorite spring foods is asparagus. And I’m lucky that my kids just love it, so we eat a lot of it during the spring. I have been thinking of making a strata with asparagus and ham for a while, so when Kerry and Lucy and I got together for a sewing day (check out the adorable essential oil bags we were making), I volunteered to make lunch.
I love that when making a strata, you get to throw it together ahead of time, so there’s no prepping while company’s over. This makes it perfect for a brunch. In fact, I made several different types of stratas for my sister’s bridal shower, long ago, and then I was able to just relax and enjoy the company instead of cleaning up the kitchen!
- 8 oz French Bread
- 2 cups Asparagus, cut
- 2 cups Ham, diced
- 3 cups Cheddar, shredded
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 1/4 cups Milk
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- Grease the bottom of a 13x9 pan.
- Tear or cut french bread into bite sized cubes and layer the bottom of the pan with them.
- Sprinkle asparagus, ham, and cheddar over the bread, trying to make it somewhat even.
- Whisk together eggs, sour cream, pepper, onion powder and milk, and then pour those over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Bake at 325º for 50 minutes, or until top is golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
If you’re looking for more delicious breakfast ideas, try these!
Don’t forget to pin!