Hamburger Soup Shepherd’s Pie is a twist on shepherd’s pie that makes it super simple to make. It is full of veggies and flavor.
1 lb ground beef
2 – 14.5 oz cans Italian style diced tomatoes
1 – 15.25 oz can sweet corn
1 – 14.5 oz can green beans
1 – 15oz can ranch style beans
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 1/2 – 2 lbs russet potatoes
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
This recipe uses the recipe for Hamburger Vegetable Soup with just a few alterations. Because this isn’t soup, you don’t need as much liquid. As always shepherd’s pie is topped with potatoes.
What sides go with Shepherd’s Pie?
Green salads are a great side for Shepherd’s Pie.
On to the recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 - 14.5 oz cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 - 15.25 oz can sweet corn
- 1 - 14.5 oz can cut green beans
- 1 - 15oz can Ranch style beans
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tbsp ranch dressing mix
- Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks.
- Fill large pot with water and add potatoes. Bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, brown ground beef in a separate large pot.
- Drain corn and green beans. Add corn, green beans, tomatoes, ranch style beans, and ranch dressing mix. Stir to combine and allow to cook for while potatoes to continue to cook.
- Once potatoes are done, drain. Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash potatoes, add butter. Continue to mash until butter is melted. Add mix and ranch dressing mix.
- Pour soup mixture into a 9x13 pan, spread mashed potatoes over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are a little brown on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.