Hamburger Vegetable Soup is a quick and easy dinner. This soup has lots of flavor and a great recipe when you just don’t have time to make dinner.
This recipe is my go to when I don’t feel like cooking, or I need something quickly. I have had friends say that they don’t like vegetables, but they like this soup. Lucy and her family don’t care for so many tomatoes so they only put half of them in it. It is easy to change up to your liking.
This recipe would be a great starter meal for a kid to learn to cook. The hardest part of this recipe is browning the ground beef. That is a skill that is useful with so many other meals. And a great basic to learn. And a majority of the rest of this recipe is opening and dumping cans.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 14.5 oz can cut green beans
- 1 15.25 oz can sweet corn
- 1 15 oz can ranch style beans
- 2 14.5 oz cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups water
- In a large pot, brown ground beef. Drain and return to pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients without draining any of the cans. Stir, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for at least 15 minutes but 45 minutes is better.
- Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- OXO Good Grips Can Opener
- Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix, 16 Ounce (Pack of 2)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 578mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 17g
The Hardworking Husband likes for me to take things I make and change them up a bit. So I took this recipe and made Shepherd’s Pie. Here are the instructions for this variation.
Preheat oven to 350º. Make mashed potatoes as you normally would. All the ingredients are the same except drain the corn and green beans and don’t add the water. Add about 4 Tbsp of brown gravy mix. Stir to combine and heat until thickened. Pour mixture into a 9×13 pan. Spread mashed potatoes over mixture. Put pan into oven. Heat for about a half hour or until it is bubbling on the sides and potatoes are hot.
Don’t forget to pin!