It’s almost back to school. Even though I’m been trying to deny it, it’s coming quickly. It’s not all bad though, the return to school leads to a more structured schedule and routine around here. I guess that also means, I need to get back to meal planning and cooking more easy weeknight dinners
Fish Sticks are normally considered kid food but while my kids really loved these they aren’t only for kids. They were very tasty and good for you too. Always a plus!
- 1-1.5 pounds fish, I used tilapia
- 1/2 cup lowfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp season salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs and seasoning in another bowl.
- Cut fish into pieces (I cut each fillet into 2-3 pieces but left mine fairly large.)
- Dip fish into yogurt mixture (coating but not too thickly) and then into crumb mixture and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 until fish is cooked through. It will be white and flaky.
I served them with roasted potatoes and steamed vegetables. Super easy weeknight dinner. Going to have to use these again as they were really easy and all the kids asked for seconds (which is basically a miracle around here!).
Looking for more miracle food (dinners your kids will actually eat)? Check out some of our favorites.
‘); // ]]> Follow us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3here. Linking up at Weekend Potluck. Featured at: Pounds 4 Pennies