When your family wants fish sticks, but you want a healthier meal, these are the fish sticks for you! These healthier fish sticks are baked, not fried, and they’re still ready in about 30 minutes!
Fish sticks are an easy go-to recipe when you need a quick dinner. It’s so simple to grab them from the freezer, pop them in the oven, and have dinner ready quickly.
But the truth is, regular fish sticks– like most convenience foods– aren’t really very healthy. Fish sticks are high in sodium, and most are also high in fat.
This is where our homemade healthier fish sticks come in. Our fish sticks are made with tilapia, which is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are healthy fats that are important to your body’s function. Tilapia is also a good source of vitamin B-12, vitamin D, niacin, choline, phosphorus and selenium.
Our healthier fish sticks aren’t deep fried or made using bad fats. Instead, plain yogurt is used in the breading process, and they are baked to delicious, flaky perfection.
Not only did my kids ask for seconds, they actually finished off the entire pan, and told me that they can’t wait for me to make them again!
- 1 1/2 pounds tilapia
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp season salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs and seasonings in another bowl.
- Cut fish into fish stick sized pieces.
- Dip fish into yogurt mixture (coating, but not too thickly) and then into crumb mixture and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 until fish is cooked through. It will be white and flaky when done.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!