Homemade Crunch Wrap Supreme is a knock-off recipe with great mix of textures and flavors. These are super easy and fast to make.
Skimming through Pinterest looking for meals for my meal plan, I came across homemade crunch wrap supreme. The Hardworking Husband doesn’t care for the restaurant that they come from, but I really like the crunch wrap supreme. So I decided to add that to the meal plan for the month.
They turned out great and there are so many options for them. You could have shredded chicken, ground beef, shredded beef, or your favorite meat. And they were easy to make and The Hardworking Husband loved them. He told me I could make them every day. While that’s a little bit much, I will make them once a month for a while.
- 5 burrito size flour tortillas
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 lb ground beef shredded chicken or shredded beef
- 1 Tbsp pkg taco seasoning or 2 homemade taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lb Velveeta or homemade American cheese
- 1/4 can Rotel tomatoes & chiles
- Shredded lettuce
- Tomatoes chopped
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Brown ground beef. If you are using shredded chicken or beef, these need to be cooked already. Add taco seasoning to meat with water. Cook for about 5 more minutes for meat to be seasoned. In a small sauce pan, combine Velveeta and Rotel. Mix until melted and reduce heat to low.
- Preheat panini press.
- To assemble. Cut or tear one tortilla into 4 pieces and set aside. Lay out another tortilla. Spread the cheese mixture on the tortilla in the middle about as big as the tostada shell. Sprinkle on meat. Place tostada shell on top. Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese, lettuce and tomato. Place 1/4 of the other tortilla in the middle and bring the sides of the large tortilla up around the tostada shell. Everything should be enclosed in the tortilla.
- Place on hot panini press and grill until golden brown lines appear. Repeat until you have made all 4 crunch wrap supremes. Enjoy
Don’t forget to pin!