All natural, chemical-free homemade lip balm that’s easy to make.
Welcome back to another Outside the Box Monday! Today I’m sharing with you how to make your own homemade lip balm. I love making homemade lip balm, since I know that it doesn’t have a bunch of chemicals in it, because I can flavor it any way I like, and because it’s so easy!
With Mother’s Day coming up soon, I figured I’d share this homemade lip balm recipe, which goes perfectly with the Ginger Citrus Scrub I shared last week, if you’d like to put together a good pampering present for the women in your life who have everything! Throw in one of Kerry’s Lotion Bars, an emery board and some nail polish and you’ve got a great gift!
This recipe made 3 containers of homemade lip balm for me but it’s so dependent on the exact size of your containers, and how you measure your ingredients. Feel free to double (or more) the recipe if you’re wanting more.
If you need any supplies to make these, here are some affiliate links to help you out!
- 1 Tbsp Beeswax, (optional see note)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 capsule Vitamin E
- Essential Oils of your choice
- Fill a pot halfway full of water. Place a glass measuring cup in the water.
- In the measuring cup, add beeswax (if desired), coconut oil, olive oil and vitamin E.
- Melt over medium heat.
- Once the mixture is completely melted, remove from heat.
- Add 5-10 drops of essential oil (any combination you desire) until the scent is as strong as you prefer.
- Quickly pour into containers, and let cool.
You can vary the amount of beeswax, depending on how solid you want your lip balm. This creates a solid lip balm. You can omit the beeswax, but if the lip balm gets warm it will turn to liquid.
What flavor of homemade lip balm will you be making first?
Check out our Link Parties.