While I was in Denver a while back, we were on the hunt for a recipe for homemade rolls that taste like Roadhouse rolls. We were having steak with a knock off Roadhouse steak seasoning. We were trying to have the whole Roadhouse experience without shelling out the big bucks.
We found this recipe. In disappointment, we found that they didn’t taste like Roadhouse rolls, however; they were delicious! And they were pretty easy to make. They made great homemade rolls even though they were Roadhouse rolls. So I am still on the hunt for a Roadhouse roll recipe. If you have one, I’d love for you to share it with me.
But in the mean time, we enjoyed these homemade dinner rolls.
- 1 tsp pkg or 2 1/4 dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 4 - 4 1/2 cups flour
- Cut butter into small pieces. Combine butter, water, and milk in a microwave proof bowl. Heat in microwave for 1 minutes. Mixture should be between 100 and 110 degrees. Add yeast and stir. Allow to dissolve for 10 minutes.
- Once proofed, pour into mixing bowl of Kitchenaid. Add 1 cup flour, sugar and salt. Beat thoroughly with paddle attachment.
- Add one cup flour and egg. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups flour and mix into dough.
- Knead dough adding flour as needed. Knead until dough is no longer sticky but still soft. Place in greased bowl, cover, and allow to rise for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Punch down. Remove from bowl and split into two balls. Roll each ball into a log and cut. Make a piece into a ball tucking the rough edges under. Place on a sheet pan. Repeat until both logs have been cut and made into rolls. Cover and allow to rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 for 10 -15 minutes or until light golden brown on top. Remove from oven and spread butter over the top of the rolls.
For rising, I turn the oven on warm and once up to temp turn it off. Then place dough in oven. It provides a warm draft free place for rising.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Don’t forget to pin!