Homemade Snickers are better than the store bought version. They are filled with chocolate, caramel and nougat. They are just the perfect sweet treat.
One of the things I clearly remember my grandma making for Christmas was homemade snickers. They are so good and messy. My grandma made them every year and when she was unable to see anymore she had my mom make them. I think I have made them one other time. I think it’s time to carry on the tradition.
Do Snickers Bars have caramel in them?
Snickers Bars do have caramel in them. One of the layers is caramel. They also have nougat, peanuts, and chocolate.
What is Nougat made of?
Nougat is made of marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. The marshmallow fluff gives it the chewy texture.
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 50 pieces or 14 oz caramels
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Grease or line with plastic or parchment paper an 8"x8" baking pan, set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt chips and oil together. Pour half of the chocolate into the pan. Put into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- While the chocolate is chilling, melt caramels & butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir frequently.
- While caramel is melting, combine all the marshmallow fluff, peanut butter and powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- Remove pan from fridge and spread nougat onto the chocolate layer. Sprinkle peanuts on top and press into nougat.
- Immediately pour melted caramel over the nougat.
- Pour remaining chocolate over caramel. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 1" squares & serve. Refrigerate any left over snickers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Don’t forget to pin!