At the end of last month, I was working on my menu for the next month. I was stuck needing a few more meals. I’m not sure why I get stuck because there are so many meals we like. But for some reason, when I go to plan the menu I draw a blank. So I asked on our Facebook page for help. One of my fabulous sisters (I have 4 of them) gave me a recipe for a taco casserole. I’ve named it Hominy Nacho Casserole. So as promised here is that recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef or shredded chicken
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips
- 1 can hominy, drained
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Brown ground beef with onion (if using chicken, cook & shred and then heat with onion & garlic). Once beef is browned, add garlic. Cook for another minute.
- Cover the bottom of 9x13 pan with crushed tortilla chips. Spread ground beef over chips. Evenly sprinkle hominy over beef. Spread cream of chicken soup over hominy. Evenly sprinkle cheese over soup.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven & serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The recipe I use for the enchilada casserole has you sprinkle shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes over the top. So I tried that with this one as well. Yummy!!!
Because it’s just the Hardworking Husband and I, I make 2 smaller pans and freeze one. Then I have something to pull out when I don’t feel good or don’t feel like cooking. I am so thankful for those meals. Last week, I was not feeling well and we relied on those.
Don’t forget to pin!