Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers are a knock off version of the chicken crispers at Chili. They are spicy & sweet and perfect for dinner or a party.
The Hardworking Husband loves spicy food. He adds spice to a lot of the food I make. At first I was a little upset that he didn’t care for the food I made. But I quickly, he did like it, but needed it a little spicier than I make food. He adds horseradish to the Hamburger Vegetable Soup. He adds tabasco to Sausage & Rice Skillet. Occasionally I make food that is spicy, but I’m just not a spicy food person. But when it comes to Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers, it’s different. I love those things. I have ordered them at Chili’s many times.
The Hardworking Husband and I just don’t go to Chili’s very often. When I was single, I would order to go from Chili’s. But for some reason as a couple it’s just not one of the restaurants we go to. But I missed the chicken crispers. So I set out to figure out how to make them myself. I came across a knock off recipe that is perfect. And I love that I can adjust the spiciness. I also love that I can use the sauce to make Honey Chipotle Chicken Wings also.
- Oil for frying
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 - 2 tsp chipotle powder depending on how spicy you want them
- In a large pot, add oil. Bring up to 360 degrees.
- While oil is heating, cut chicken breasts into strips. About 4 or 5 per breast. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together for the batter. I use my immersion blender to get it mixed well. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix ingredients together for breading.
- Dip each chicken strip into the batter coating completely, dip in breading covering it completely. Carefully place in hot oil. Fry until golden brown and it floats.
- While chicken is frying, mix all ingredients of the sauce in a small sauce pan. Cook until hot. Set aside.
- Once you have fried all the strips, place them in a large bowl. Pour sauce over the strips and toss.
- Enjoy with ranch dressing.
Don’t forget to pin!