Honey Chipotle Chicken Wings are a spinoff of Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers from Chili’s. They are a little spicy, a little sweet and absolutely perfect.
I love Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers from Chili’s. But for some reason, we hardly ever eat there. But now as I type this it sounds amazing. But after a weekend with a stomach bug I really shouldn’t eat that. I need to stick to my chicken noodle soup – easy on the tummy. (And I realize I just used a lot of buts.) Back to the my love of the chicken crispers. These chicken crispers are a little spicy and a little sweet. But perfect! Since we hardly eat there, I decided to learn to make them myself. They are perfect as well. And I will share that recipe with you one day. But for today, I want to share with you the chicken wing appetizer I made for our Appetizer Thanksgiving. Theses Honey Chipotle Chicken Wings have the sauce from the honey chipotle chicken crispers. They are just as perfect as the crispers.
- 14 lb Chicken wings, both parts
- oil to fry chicken
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1-2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large pot or fryer, add oil and heat to 360 degrees.
- If using frozen chicken wings, carefully place wings in hot oil. If using fresh chicken wings, trim and pat excess moisture. Carefully place wings in hot oil. Fry until wings are crispy and cooked through.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain.
- While wings are frying, in a small sauce pan mix together sauce ingredients. Use chipotle powder according to your desire of spiciness. 1tsp is about how spicy they are at Chili's. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When wings are fried, place in a large bowl. Pour sauce over wings and toss.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!