Find out the easiest way to shred chicken: Use your KitchenAid stand mixer and have shredded chicken, hands-off, in minutes!
One of the easiest go-to dinners is using my CrockPot to cook chicken (Taco Chicken is a great recipe for this). We shred it and serve it in tortillas, over rice, with noodles, or over chips for nachos. It’s a dinner that’s almost completely hands off.
I used to dread shredding the chicken. I don’t know why, but using 2 forks to shred chicken just wasn’t my idea of a good time. But then I learned the easiest way to shred chicken, and now dinner is even more hands off!
Tools needed to shred chicken in your KitchenAid mixer:
- Cooked chicken (cooked in the CrockPot or Instant Pot)
- KitchenAid stand mixer
- Beater attachment (I love this one with silicone “fingers,” but any flat beater attachment will work)
How to Shred Chicken in your KitchenAid mixer:
- Carefully transfer fully cooked chicken to the bowl of the stand mixer. Take caution not to burn yourself.
- Using flat beater, turn on mixer to low for about 30 seconds. Chicken will break into chunks.
- Increase mixer speed to medium, and “mix” until chicken is fully shredded. This usually takes about 3-5 minutes, but will depend on how cooked the chicken is, and how finely shredded you want it.
That’s it! Can you believe it’s that easy to shred chicken in the Kitchen Aid? So the next time you cook chicken, put away your forks, and shred chicken in a stand mixer instead!
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Don’t forget to pin!