The Idaho Rancher Pizza is a delicious combination of chicken, bacon, ranch and potatoes!
My family loves pizza. The other night I asked Baby Girl (who is almost 20 months old) if she was hungry for dinner, and she replied, “Pizza!” So obviously pizza’s a big deal around here. That’s why I’m always trying to come up with new variations.
This one was inspired by a local pizza parlor that unfortunately went out of business. They had pizza by the slice, and one of their pizzas had potatoes and ranch on it, and we loved it.
After I made this pizza, I started trying to name it. Naming a recipe is pretty hard work, really. You want to include the main ingredients in the title, since that’s how people will find it. But this one was getting kind of long. Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Pizza just seemed like a mouthful. So Lucy and I were tossing around names, and thought we’d use Idaho instead of potato. And make it a rancher, just because it sounded like a fun name– and thus, the Idaho Rancher Pizza was born.
To make this, you’ll want to slice the potatoes really thin so they cook well. If you like, you’re welcome to toss them in a skillet with a bit of olive oil for a couple of minutes first to make sure they cook all the way through. Otherwise, slice them really thin.
- Pizza Crust,, see below recipe for a link to make your own
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 potato sliced very thin
- 1 cup cooked chopped chicken
- 4-6 slices cooked crumbled bacon
- 2 cups mozzarella
- Prepare pizza dough-- some dough recipes (including Kerry's) take about 2 hours. You can also use Rhode's bread dough, but you will need several hours to thaw it (if using, follow the directions on the package).
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Roll out the dough to about 12 inches, and place on a greased pizza pan.
- Spread ranch dressing over the crust, spread the potato slices, sprinkle with chicken and bacon, and finally sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
If you need a great recipe for your pizza crust, Kerry shared her Favorite Pizza Crust Recipe not too long ago.
For another pizza recipe you might like, try our Stuffed Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza!
Don’t forget to pin!