Instant Pot Shredded Stew Meat Tacos is a great way to use stew meat. They beef is tender with great flavor. It makes delicious tacos.
We bought a part cow a few years ago and got stew meat. I decided I needed to come up with recipes using stew meat besides just stew. I have done Beef Stroganoff and Chile Colorado Burritos using stew meat and soon I’ll be posting a recipe for Beef & Broccoli.
Stew meat can be tough. But if cooked properly it can be used in lots of dishes. The ground beef in The Hardworking Husband’s Chili can be swapped out with stew meat. I’d just cut the pieces a little smaller.
Stew meat needs to be cooked a while to make it tender. Otherwise, it can be really chewy. Lately, I’ve been popping it in the instant pot to help it along. Stew meat can be cooked in the slow cooker all day or in the instant pot for about 25 minutes.
Beef stew meat is a cut that is often overlooked. We often only think of making stew with stew meat. But it is a very versatile meat. It can replace ground beef quite often. You just need to know how to cook it to make it not chewy.
Most often stew meat is from the chuck or round cut of the cow. If you have a choice and the price doesn’t matter, choose stew meat from the chuck cut. The chuck cut comes from the front end of the cow. The front end does more of the work and has more ligaments and muscle tissue. For stewing (cooking it a long time) the meat, it makes for tasty meat.
- Add olive oil to instant pot. Turn on saute setting.
- Add stew meat to instant pot. Brown meat.
- Once it has browned add beef broth and half the taco seasoning.
- Set instant pot to cook for 23 minutes.
- Allow to release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick release.
- Remove meat from instant pot leaving broth and shred. I use my Kitchenaid mixer with paddle attachment to shred the meat.
- Place meat back in instant pot and turn on to saute.
- Add remaining taco seasoning.
- Cook until most of the juice is gone.
- Assemble tacos to your liking.
- Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
- KitchenAid 6 Qt. Professional 600 Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer - Nickel Pearl
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!