Instant Pot Stew Meat Beef Stroganoff is a great fast way to use stew meat for a delicious classic meal. Using the Instant Pot will cut cooking time down by more than half.
Have you noticed that I’ve been using stew meat more lately? I’ve been on a mission to figure out more ways to use it besides just stew. And I’ve been working on different ways to cook stew meat. I will post many of my recipes cooked in different ways.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can also cook this same recipe in a dutch oven. Soon I’ll post the recipe for cooking it in a slow cooker.
Why am I figuring out ways different ways to use stew meat? I often find stew meat in the section of the meat department that’s been discounted. So many people don’t know what to do with it so it often gets marked down. It helps me save money on our grocery budget, and I’d like to help you save as well.
As with any Instant Pot recipe, you need to get to know your own Instant Pot. Sometimes yours will cook faster or maybe slower. Get to know your IP and know how it tends to do on recipes. If yours cooks slower, add a couple minutes and of course if yours cooks faster, take off a couple minutes. Once you know your pot, it will be instinctual. And you will love using it even more.
To be honest with you, I don’t own the name brand Instant Pot. I have a different brand. It works a little different, but for the most part it works the same. I just have to use different buttons. It doesn’t matter what brand you have; if you get familiar with yours, it will be easy to use.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb egg noodles
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and salt.
- Add stew meat to bowl and coat with flour mixture.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to Instant Pot and allow to get hot for a minute.
- Add meat to Instant Pot. Brown pieces. Flour may stick to the pot. It is alright, we will fix that in a few minutes.
- Once pieces are browned, remove from pot.
- Add remaining oil and onion to pan. Cook until tender. Add minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add beef stock. As the stock heats, scrape any stuck on particles on the bottom.
- Add mushrooms and meat to pot.
- Place lid on and pressure cook for 23 minutes on high.
- In a large pot, bring to boil water to cook egg noodles. Once water is boiling add egg noodles and cook until tender.
- Allow to naturally release.
- Add sour cream and stir until combined.
- Serve with meat & gravy mixture over noodles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!