Homemade Chocolate Syrup is rich, delicious, and chemical free. It’s one of those things we buy from the store that is actually really easy to make yourself.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp white corn syrup
- In a medium sauce pan, mix water and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- While waiting for sugar mixture to boil, measure out cocoa, vanilla, salt & syrup. You will want them measured beforehand because it goes quickly once you start adding the ingredients.
- Once the sugar mixture is boiling, turn heat to medium. Whisk in cocoa. It will bubble up a lot!
- Once tame enough, add the remaining ingredients. Continue to cook & stir until reduced some. You want it to be slightly thicker. About 5 minutes.
- Strain into a bowl and allow to cool about an hour. Pour into a container and refrigerate. It's great on ice cream or in milk.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!