Keto Beef and Bacon Zucchini Boats are a delicious way to stay on your low carb diet while using your bounty of zucchini.
It’s that time of year for us Northerners. Zucchini season. When you have far more zucchini you know what to do with. I keep saying I wish I could plant half a plant, and really I think 1/4 of a plant would work great. But since that’s not a possibility, I keep handing out zucchini to whomever will take it.
I also keep looking for new recipes to use it. I have made zoodles, grilled zucchini, zucchini & sausage, and Zucchini Boats. I think the Zucchini Boats are the Hardworking Husband’s favorite way to eat them. His way of telling me that he wants me to make something again is to say “I really liked ______.” He’s said about 5 times in the last few days that he really liked the zucchini boats. So I guess I better make them again.
The Hardworking Husband and I have been working on dropping some weight since the beginning of the year. Like normal, he’s done way better than I have at that. I have set a goal to lose 30 lbs by our vacation next year. I want to look great in a bikini. We started with Whole 30 in January and moved onto Keto. These Zucchini Boats fit great with the Keto diet. They are filling without all the carbs. And delicious too.
- 2 medium - large zucchini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash zucchini and slice in half from stem to blossom end.
- Using a spoon scoop out zucchini to make a bowl. Make the bowl as deep as you can. Keep the zucchini you scooped out in a medium bowl.
- Place in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon. I cut it up in small pieces with kitchen shears before cooking it. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Using a Tbsp of bacon grease, brown ground beef with onions. Drain grease if needed.
- In bowl with zucchini insides, mix browned ground beef, bacon and salt & pepper.
- Fill zucchini boats with meat filling. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 647
Don’t forget to pin!