The items for your kitchen that I consider essential, along with a KitchenAid mixer giveaway!
I’m not a gadgety kind of gal, so there aren’t a lot of items I would tell you that you need to have in your kitchen. You can probably skip the slushie maker, grilled cheese sandwich maker, and the cotton candy maker! However, if you’re just starting out in the kitchen, there are several items that you really must have!
Once you’ve used good knives, you’ll never consider buying a knife at the dollar store. Quality knives will slice, chop and mince easily, and you’ll actually lessen your chances of cutting yourself, because you won’t be trying to hack through food with them! This is the set I have and love.
If you haven’t gotten on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet, you really should! My sister uses hers to make homemade yogurt. You can cook rice in it, boil eggs whose shells will slip off, and cook a roast to amazing perfection in an hour or less.
And of course you can use your Instant Pot for all sorts of dinner ideas, such as this Pork Roast, or this Ham and Potato Soup. For even more ideas, including desserts, we’ve got a Pinterest board dedicated to the Instant Pot!
If you do any amount of putting up produce from your garden, a good food processor is a necessity. Grate your zucchini, carrots, or cheese in seconds. Use it to make Fresh Pizza Sauce in less than 5 minutes. Make homemade peanut butter.
Depending on your needs, you can buy a smaller food processor, or a huge one, but one thing is for certain: you won’t want to buy the cheap one, since the motor will burn out quickly (I’m speaking from both my experience, and the experience of several friends!)
Good Pots and Pans
Pots and pans are basically the starter item for most meals. Having a nice set will make your job cooking better. Kerry loves her Calphalon cookware set. I actually have a super old set of stainless pots and pans that used to belong to my parents, that I love. But we’ve both started using a lot of cast iron, as well.
My first big purchase on a kitchen item was my KitchenAid stand mixer, and I have never regretted it! I use mine all the time to whip up cookies. It’s also invaluable for whipped cream and frosting, and you can even use it to knead your dough for you!
All three of us have a KitchenAid Mixer, and we all think that you need one, too! That’s why we’ve got this fabulous giveaway for you to enter to get a mixer of your own!
Welcome to the Spring KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway!
This post contains affiliate links; we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too! For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
This amazing giveaway is brought to you by the following bloggers:
- As for Me and My Homestead
- Bowl Me Over
- Coffee With Us 3
- Cooking with Carlee
- Ever After in the Woods
- From the Family
- Juggling Act Mama
- My Life as Robin’s Wife
- A Grande Life
- Walking on Sunshine
One lucky winner will receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield!
Features of the KitchenAid Artisan Series Stand Mixer”
- Choose from all the color options to find the one that best matches your style and personality. Important safeguard: Remove Flat Beater, Wire Whip or Dough Hook from Stand Mixer before washing.
- The power hub turns your stand mixer into a culinary center with more than 15 optional attachments available.
- 5-Qt. stainless steel bowl with comfortable handle offers enough capacity to mix dough for 9 dozen cookies or 4 loaves of bread in a single batch.
- 59-Point Planetary Mixing Action means 59 touchpoints per rotation around the bowl for thorough ingredient incorporation.
- The tilt-head design allows clear access to the bowl and attached beater or accessory so you can easily add ingredients for a recipe. Hub cover is non-hinged
- Powerful enough for nearly any task or recipe, whether you’re stirring wet and dry ingredients together, kneading bread dough or whipping cream.
- Includes coated flat beater, coated dough hook, 6-wire whip and 1-piece pouring shield. The flat beater and dough hook are dishwasher-safe.
- 325-watt mixer with 10 speeds; 5-quart stainless steel bowl.
- Tilt-back head for easy access to mixture.
- 1-Piece pouring shield with large chute for adding ingredients.
- Includes flat beater, dough hook, and wire whip.
Must Have KitchenAid Stand Mixer Accessories
- 5-Qt. Tilt-Head Glass Bowl
- 5qt Tilt-Head Mixer Bowl with Handle
- Flex Edge Beater
- Fitted Stand Mixer Cover
Enter the Spring KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway
Official Rules and Conditions for the Spring KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway: One winner will be receive a KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield (Value $260.00 USD). Open to US/CAN residents adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered via Amazon. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Amazon, KitchenAid or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 4/30/2018. Bloggers are not responsible for the delivery of the prize. Enter using the widget below:
Why not join us on Pinterest: Coffee With Us 3 or hangout with us on Facebook:
Check out our link parties.
Don’t forget to pin!