Lemon Pizzelle with Lavender Cheesecake is a delicious delicate dessert. It pairs the citrus of the lemon with the hint of lavender.
I bought a pizzelle maker last year and have wanted to get better at making pizzelle. While I practice making pizzelle, I also wanted to try out different kinds of pizzelle.
I want to experiment a little with flavors with the pizzelle. I’ve seen a few different flavors. Chocolate, vanilla, red velvet, lemon and anise. I started with a flavor I could find a recipe for. Later, I’m going to be doing flavors I can’t find recipes for.
I experimented with flavors for filling for these more simple pizzelle. I thought lavender would be fun to work with. I have a great group of women on Facebook. They help me often with recipes and naming things like the Sensual Diffuser Blends and the Sensual Massage Oil. They helped me think through what flavors I paired with the lemon pizzelle. We came up with Lemon Pizzelle with Lavender Cheesecake.
There are several steps to making these. The first step is acquiring lavender. I used lavender flowers. I found them at Amazon.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 heaping Tbsp lavender flowers
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp lavender syrup
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- zest of one large lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a small sauce pan, add all ingredients. Stir until boiling. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Strain and store in air tight container and refrigerate.
- Cream the cream cheese and lavender syrup until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until set up.
- In a bowl sift together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a mixer or bowl using a hand mixer, whisk eggs until frothy.
- Slowly add sugar to eggs.
- Add lemon juice, zest, and vanilla. Mix until blended.
- Add flour mixture. I switched from the whisk attachment to the paddle.
- Add melted butter. Blend until combined.
- Heat pizzelle maker.
- Depending on the size of your pizzelle maker, scoop 1 Tbsp or 1/2 Tbsp onto each pizzelle plate. My pizzelle maker is mini. So I used 1/2 Tbsp of dough.
- Close pizzelle maker and cook until lightly brown. It took some practice for me to get them in the right place and not over cooked. It ended up being about 60 seconds for me.
- Allow pizzelle to cool.
Assembling the sandwiches
- Spread lavender cheesecake on one lemon pizzelle, top with a second pizzelle and enjoy.
Don’t forget to pin!