Low Carb Chili has all the wonderful flavor of chili without all the carbs. This low carb version of chili is just as filling as chili full of carbs.
The Hardworking Husband and I have been crazy busy lately. I took a trip to Texas in the middle of a remodeling project in our house. This time of year is also busy in my other job – real estate.
We are finally almost finished with the remodeling project. We decided to take out our fireplace because it was not safe to use. We had the wall redone. We also pulled up our carpet to expose the hardwood floors below. The wall got sheetrocked while I was in Texas. I painted it once I got home. Today we put furniture back and mounted the tv on the wall.
I have also been working on a dresser that has taken far longer than it should. I just need to paint the top and put it back together. I worked on that today as well. It’s also springtime and time to start seeds for the garden. Tomatoes got started today.
I did sleep some this weekend. I’m trying to get caught up on that too. I have been exhausted since I got back from Texas. Driving 6 of the 9 days I was gone was probably not the best idea.
Since today was a busy day, I decided to make an easy dinner. We took a short break from the Keto diet and we are getting back on track now. This Low Carb Chili is Keto friendly and super simple and quick.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder, optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 8oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- shredded cheese, omit for Whole30
- Brown ground beef with onions and celery. Cook until beef is browned and onions are tender
- Add bell peppers. Cook until peppers and celery are tender.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and chipotle powder. Stir to combine.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil and reduced heat. Allow to simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese. Enjoy.
Don’t forget to pin!