Homemade Marshmallow Fluff is very easy to make. There is no need to buy it anymore. In about 20 minutes, you can have this delicious fluff.
Once I started dreaming about all the flavors of marshmallows that I could make, I wondered if I could make marshmallow fluff also. Everything I read regarding making marshmallow fluff had egg whites in it. Since my marshmallows don’t use egg white, I wanted to figure out how to do it without them.
It had to be simple. Simple as making marshmallows. And it was. It takes a few minutes longer than making marshmallows, but it’s worth the time to get marshmallow fluff without the extra ingredients. Those extra ingredients always give me concern.
If you’ve read very many of my posts, you know I like food without all the preservatives. I like food from scratch. Marshmallow fluff is just one of many things I’ve learned to make from scratch. Velveeta, mozzarella, breakfast sausage, chocolate syrup, and bisquick mix are just a few of the foods I’ve learned to make myself. Is there a food you’d like to make from scratch? I have a few more I’d like to learn.
Marshmallow fluff isn’t something you normally eat on it’s own. But it is used in lots of recipes including Lucy’s Marshmallow Chocolate Pudding Cookies. Below the recipe card are some other recipes that use marshmallow fluff. I think I’d like to try making ice cream with it. That sounds like a summer project. A delicious summer project.
- 1 packet gelatin, unflavored
- 3/4 cup cold water, divided
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- In stand mixer bowl, pour 1/2 cup cold water. Sprinkle gelatin over water. Set aside. Allow gelatin to set up for 10 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, mix together sugar, corn syrup, and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Pour syrup into bowl with gelatin add salt. Beat with whisk attachment for 15 -17 minutes. Mixture takes a little longer to become white and fluffy than the marshmallows do.
- Store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!