Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies are a sweet, chocolatey cookie that’s filled with cinnamon and spice.
Have you ever had Mexican hot chocolate? If you have, you’ll know that it’s a deliciously chocolatey drink spiced with cinnamon, a bit of chili powder, and a dash of cayenne. The spices really bring out the delicious flavors.
I thought that putting these flavors into cookies would be fun, so I gave it a try, and it turned out delicious!
How do Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies differ from regular chocolate cookies?
The addition of cinnamon, chili powder, and cayenne turns these cookies from boring plain chocolate cookies to spicy, exciting Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies!
Do you love chocolate? We’ve got lots of other delicious chocolate recipes you’ll want to try. Keep scrolling to find the recipe for Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies, but first check out these recipes!
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- In a large bowl, microwave baking chocolate until melted.
- Add the sugar, oil, and egg, and stir until combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Refrigerate several hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350º and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop (or 2 Tablespoons), create balls of the chocolate dough. Roll ball between your hands to round, and place on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until cookie does not retain an indentation if touched.
- Cool on a wire rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
You can change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email you receive from us, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat your information with respect. For more information about our privacy practices please visit our website. By clicking below, you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Don’t forget to pin!