This Minestrone Soup is so easy to put together! Have dinner ready in 45 minutes!
My sister gave me this recipe for Minestrone Soup. I have to get all of her recipes, since my kids have decided that everything she makes is amazing. Seriously, it sometimes gets ridiculous.
Last year, Miss Magoo decided she no longer liked apple sauce. Then we visited Aunt Julie, and had some of her applesauce (she makes it exactly like I do), and Miss Magoo decided that she loved Aunt Julie’s applesauce, so I needed to change my recipe! I just laugh. And anytime I make something different, I pretend the recipe came from Aunt Julie– and they eat it.
So back to this Minestrone Soup. It’s very flavorful, and quite easy. It’s a hearty, filling soup that stretches a long way, so it’s great for a crowd. In fact, if you need to make it for a large group, you can easily make the recipe stretch farther by adding extra water and more noodles.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 C carrots, sliced
- 1 1/4 C macaroni noodles
- 2 C beef or vegetable broth, or one can
- 4 C Water
- 15.5 oz can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans,, drained and rinsed
- 15.5 oz can green beans, drained
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brown beef in a large pot.
- While beef is browning, put half of the diced tomatoes, all of the tomato sauce, and the Italian seasoning into a blender or food processor and puree.
- Once beef is finished, drain off any excess fat, and return beef to the pot. Add the tomato mixture as well as the remaining diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium, add carrots, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add noodles, broth, and water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, and cook until warmed through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 567Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 1011mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 14gSugar: 11gProtein: 44g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
I just love that this minestrone soup is so easy to pull together! It makes a fabulous weeknight dinner!
What is your favorite kind of soup?
Looking for more amazing soup recipes?
Don’t forget to pin!