Mini Cheese Balls are a fantastic variation of a favorite appetizer. These Mini Cheese Balls have bacon in them which make them a big hit.
Last week I shared that the Hardworking Husband and I will be having appetizers for Thanksgiving. We will be spending the day with one else besides each other with which we are happy. I am looking forward to sleeping in. I spent a week in Texas and it is so nice to be back in my own bed and to not have an alarm clock is going to be fantastic. I also love watching the parade. Not making a whole meal will allow me these things.
My first appetizer was for breakfast – Croissant Sausage Squares. The next is moving on to snacks – Mini Cheese Balls. I have shared my cheese ball before which is what I take to all the family gatherings with The Hardworking Husband’s family. But I wanted to try out a new recipe and make them bite size.
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup colby jack, shredded
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook to desired crispiness. Drain bacon on paper towel until cooled.
- Mix together all the ingredients except pecans.
- Once well mixed, roll cream cheese mixture into small balls (about 2 tsps).
- Pour chopped pecans on a plate and roll cheese balls in the pecans.
- Serve on crackers. Enjoy
I will not be doing a December menu because December has too many parties and we don’t eat enough meals at home. But look for a new calendar for 2016 at the end of December.
Don’t forget to pin!