The easiest cookie recipe ever! These Mint Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are so delicious! With just 4 ingredients for the cookies, and 1 ingredient frosting, these cookies can be thrown together in minutes!
I recently signed the kids up for classes from our local 4-H office. I let them each pick 2 to participate in. One that Miss Magoo picked was a cookie contest.
While Miss Magoo helps me in the kitchen often, and she has an assortment of meals she makes on her own without help, I realized she hadn’t actually made cookies by herself before.
I had been planning to try out some cookie recipes with her, but suddenly the cookie contest was upon us, and I realized she still hadn’t made cookies on her own, plus we had no cookie recipe we were planning to make.
We started brainstorming at about 8 p.m.
We came up with lots of ideas, but inevitably didn’t have all the ingredients we needed to make those recipes. Finally, I decided we needed to consider cake mix cookies. It would be very simple for a first time cookie maker, and I always keep a couple of boxes of cake mix around for emergencies.
We took a basic cake mix recipe and added some ingredients so Miss Magoo could make it her own. This isn’t all that unique of an idea, but I wanted to share it because the cookies are A) super easy, and B) really delicious.
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 C. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 24 Andes mints
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and peppermint extract.
- Stir until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, or two spoons, scoop into 24 balls, and spread out on 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until edges are set.
- Remove from oven.
- While still hot, place an Andes mint on the top of each cookie.
- After about 5 minutes, the mints should be melted through. Use a butter knife to spread the mint around the top of the cookie for frosting.
- Allow cookies to cool before eating.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Don’t forget to pin!