Easy, minty & chocolaty this Mint Oreo Ice Cream cake is sure to please! Plus some easy Lego Party decorating ideas!
It was my oldest son’s birthday earlier this month. And at this point in this life, he loves Legos and he loves Oreo Ice Cream Cake. But as we were talking about what he wanted to do for his birthday this year, he mentioned how much he like mint chocolate chip ice cream.
I thought why not change up our normal ice cream cake and make a mint OREO ice cream cake this time. And it was amazing! My youngest son went on and on about how much he loved this cake and how this is the cake he wanted for his birthday as well. Recipe Card
- 1 18 oz pkg Oreo cookies smashed
- 1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream softened
- 8 ounces cool whip
Press half (or a little less) of smashed Oreos into bottom of a 9 by 13 in pan.
- Mix softened ice cream and cool whip together.
- Spread half of ice cream mixture over the Oreo crust and let sit on counter about 5 minutes, until the ice cream begins to seep into the crust.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining cookies with ice cream mixture and place in fridge.
- Place pan in freezer for about 10 minutes. This will give the cake a layered look.
- Spread cookies and ice cream mixture on top of cake and place back in freezer for at least an hour or until ready to serve.
Because you can’t really frost & decorate an ice cream cake, we used candy bricks to add “Happy B-day” to the top of the cake.
We also used some of my son’s legos to decorate. I made a fun lego birthday cake for a table centerpiece. And used legos in a glass bowel for a fun candy dish.
We had looked for some fun Lego birthday decorations and party plates but since we didn’t find any we just made all our own decorations! It’s cheaper that way anyways!
What do your kids like for their birthdays??
Don’t forget to pin!