What goes better than a yummy chocolate bread & coffee? For me, pretty much nothing! So I combined both the coffee and the chocolate into this delicious Mocha Quick Bread!
I love coffee. It just doesn’t feel like morning without my coffee. I also love chocolate! So of course I love mochas. I don’t drink them that often as I tend to drink most of my coffee at home. But I love using both of these flavors in my baking.
The coffee flavor in the bread is not overly strong as both my children and my non-coffee drinking mother still enjoyed this bread. But I think it enhances the flavor of the chocolate in the bread and makes it even more delicious.
I made this bread dairy free but you can use regular milk instead. I don’t always handle dairy very well so I often switch it out for almond milk.
- 4 ounces bittersweet dark chocolate, or semisweet
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packes
- 1/4 cup butter , or margarine or coconut (for dairy free)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup milk , or almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 by 5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Melt chocolate in microwave at 50% power stirring every 10 t0 30 second. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs and beat well. Mix in coffee and milk.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to finish cooling.
This bread was devoured very quickly! I barely had time to get the pictures taken before it was gone. It was almost as bad as the muffins, I will share on Thursday. I had to make those three times before I got pictures!
Don’t forget to pin!