The easiest from-scratch brownies recipe. The Best Brownies recipe is almost as easy as making them from a box, which is why it’s my go-to brownie recipe. Just one bowl and one pan required!
This brownie recipe is delicious and easy to whip up. Seriously, the hardest part is waiting for them to come out of the oven, as your house begins to smell of yummy goodness! In fact, it’s so easy my daughter has been helping me make them since she was 4, as evidenced in the picture below.
Are the best brownies made with oil or butter?
When making brownies that are thick and cakey, butter is needed. If you prefer a chewy, fudgy brownie, oil can be substituted. I personally think that brownies made with butter have a much richer flavor. If you want to make The Best Brownies more fudgy, you can simply add an extra 1/4 cup sugar to the recipe.
How thick should brownie batter be?
When making brownies, the batter will be quite thick. When poured into the pan, it won’t easily spread out, and will require a spoon to spread.
Do you bake brownies on the top or bottom rack?
Brownies should be baked in the center of the oven, not the top or bottom rack. By baking brownies in the center of the oven, the brownies will get cooked evenly from the top and bottom.
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar **
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease (or spray) a 13x9-inch pan.
- Combine 1 cup chocolate chips (set the rest aside for later) with the butter in a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave until melted (usually around 2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds).
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, stir in the eggs.
- Then stir in the flour, sugar, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread the batter out.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
** For a more fudgy brownie, use 1 cup sugar instead of 3/4 cup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
The nutritional information provided here is not guaranteed to be accurate and is provided for informational (and google) purposes only.