Quick and easy to make, these No Bake Grinch Cookies will be a huge hit at your Christmas gatherings!
I just love the Christmas season. I enjoy listening to Christmas songs (especially Christmas hymns), baking Christmas goodies, and decorating (although I’m not very good at it!).
My kids recently watched The Grinch for the first time. They loved it. So when it was time to make a treat for my oldest’s birthday, to share with our homeschool co-op, she asked if we could make something that had to do with The Grinch.
We decided to take the old classic Christmas wreath cookies and turn them into Grinch cookies instead. The best part about these cookies is that they are so simple!
No bake cookies always end up being quick, which I love. And these are even quicker, since you’ll use the microwave for melting the butter and marshmallows. You can do this on the stovetop if you would prefer, but I’ve found that I end up with softer cookies when I use the microwave.
I haven’t included an exact measurement for the food coloring, because the coloring can vary so much if you’re using liquid or gel. It also seems to vary greatly between brand. I’ve found that these food coloring gels do a great job of adding color without having to use much food coloring.
In order to get the right sized heart sprinkles, you’ll want to use these sprinkles. Some of the other sizes are much smaller, but these ones were perfect.
- 1 cup butter
- 16 oz. bag Marshmallows
- 10 cups corn flakes
- Green gel food coloring
- Heart Sprinkles
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Put marshmallows and butter into a large, microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring well after each 30 seconds, until marshmallows are melted. Don't over microwave.
- Stir in food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Stir in corn flakes.
- Rub butter or shortening on your hands, and make small ball shapes out of the corn flake mixture.
- Press each ball flat on a parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Press one red heart sprinkle in center of each cookie.
- Allow to cool and set for about 1 hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!