Nutty Broccoli Salad is the perfect BBQ side dish. It has great flavor and textures. The dressing gives it a little bit of creaminess.
Today has been one of those days. I had a plan for the day and then my boss called. She had a different plan for my day. And that’s the job that pays the bills, I needed to go with her plan. But after working like crazy all day, I am feeling a little nutty. Some software I was using wasn’t working with me and would crash about every 15 minutes or so. Thankfully, I got in a good routine of saving the project after nearly everything I did. So I lost very little work. But it makes you crazy!
I did get some time to sneak in dinner. As I was making the salad, I decided it should be as nutty as me. So I added pecans making it Nutty Broccoli Salad. It was a big hit!
This salad will be a great option for all the broccoli you are growing in the garden this year. If you would like to grow broccoli, but are unsure how; hop on over to the How to Grow Broccoli post and find out how
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1 lb bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Cut bacon in to small pieces (I do this with scissors). Cook bacon until preferred doneness.
- Cut broccoli in to large bite size pieces.
- Combine broccoli, bacon, dried cranberries, pecans, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Combine all ingredients of the dressing. Pour over the salad. Stir to combine.
- Wsthof WU4183 4188-7 Wusthof Classic Hollow Edge Santoku Knife 7, Black
- Nordic Ware 4-Piece Prep N Serve Mixing Bowl Set, 2/3.5/5/7-Quart
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!