One Pot Chicken and Noodles Skillet is a quick and easy dinner recipe that is ready in less than 30 minutes, and only requires washing one skillet!
I feel like pretty much every one of my dinner recipes lately could say, “We were running behind; I was frazzled and had no idea what to make for dinner, so this is what I came up with.”
Once upon a time, I used to be a meal planner. And honestly, I loved that. I don’t know what my problem is these days, but I just can’t seem to get my act together and plan my meals. Because of this, I end up with a lot of thrown together meals, which I recognize isn’t ideal.
However, throwing meals together has resulted in a lot of delicious dinners, so I guess it has some perks. Such is the case of this One Pot Chicken and Noodles Skillet.
This is a deliciously simple one pot recipe, which is always a bonus for me. After making dinner, washing a thousand dishes just doesn’t appeal to me, so I love a recipe that only requires washing one pan!
I make this one pot chicken recipe in my Lodge cast iron skillet (affiliate link), because I love how evenly cast iron cooks. You can make it in any pot or skillet, so long as the skillet is deep.
This recipe was loosely inspired by a recipe from American Beauty pasta, but I changed much of it. I basically just followed the cook times and liquid amount, since I wanted to make sure the pasta ended up cooked well, while still having a sauce on it.
If you’re looking for another delicious one pot chicken recipe, you’ll enjoy my Skillet Chicken with Spinach, Artichokes, and Tomatoes!
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 Onion,, sliced
- 1 lb. Chicken,, chopped
- 1/2-1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic salt
- 14.5 oz. Chicken broth
- 8 oz. Penne noodles
- 1 cup Spinach,, chopped
- 8 oz. Sour cream, (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese,, grated
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet.
- Add onions and chicken. Sprinkle with chili powder and garlic salt, and cook until chicken is no longer pick, about 7 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir noodles into the broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and cook for 13 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes and adding spinach about halfway through.
- Stir together sour cream, milk, and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir sour cream mixture into the chicken and noodles. Heat through and serve.
What is your favorite one pot or skillet recipe?
Don’t forget to pin!