I have had fun making different kinds of bread with my Amish Friendship Bread Starter. My good friend’s daughter loves the chocolate bread. I love it as well. One day I wanted it for lunch but knew I shouldn’t so I made it “healthy.” I slathered peanut butter and strawberry jam on it. Voila! Open Face Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich on Chocolate Bread. Holy moly it was good!
Let’s start with making the Chocolate Bread.
1 cup Amish friendship bread starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
2 small boxes chocolate pudding
Preheat oven to 325. Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside. Combine starter, eggs, oil, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add baking powder, salt, baking soda. Mix until combined. Add flour, mix. Add chocolate pudding , mix until everything is combined. Pour half into each loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool until completely cool.
Now for the best part – peanut butter & jelly open face sandwich on chocolate bread. It’s also the easy part. Slice your chocolate bread and slather on a thick layer of peanut butter and then strawberry (or your favorite flavor) jam. And savor every wonderful bite.
- 1 cup Amish friendship bread starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 small boxes chocolate pudding
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease 2 loaf pans and set aside.
- Combine starter, eggs, oil, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add baking powder, salt, baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Add flour, mix. Add chocolate pudding, mix until everything is combined.
- Pour half into each loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool until completely.
- OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Loaf Pan
- Top Rated Bellemain Stainless Steel Non-Slip Mixing Bowls with Lids, 4 Piece Set Includes 1 Qt, 1.5 Qt, 3 Qt. & 5 Qt.
- Silicone Spatula 4-piece Set, Heat-Resistant Spatulas, Non-stick Rubber Spatulas with Stainless Steel Core
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!