These Oreo-stuffed Chococlate Chip Cookies are a delicious traditional chocolate chip surrounding an Oreo!
I don’t know where the idea for these cookies came from. Possibly I saw something similar when I was scrolling through Pinterest, but I don’t know. Maybe it came from the fact that we have an upcoming sponsored post from Oreo soon so I’ve been thinking a lot about Oreos (I’m super excited about the post! I mean, free Oreos? Yes, please!). Anyway, wherever the idea came from, it’s pretty amazing!
The hardest part of making these Oreo-stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies is getting them into the oven. My kids were begging to lick the spatula, eat the cookie dough, or eat the Oreos! It was with tremendous effort that any of the cookies actually got baked and not eaten along the way!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- approximately 20 Oreos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, soda, and salt, scraping as needed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a teaspoon, put a blob of cookie dough on one side of the Oreo. Push the cookie dough down to make it adhere to the Oreo. Then turn the Oreo over and do the same to the other side. Using your hands (make sure you washed them well!), roll between your palms until the cookie dough covers the Oreo.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until it turns golden.
What are your favorite cookies? Check out some more of our fabulous cookie recipes:
Don’t forget to pin!