Crushed candy canes combined with my favorite chocolate cookie recipe make these peppermint chocolate cookies a holiday favorite.
I love Thanksgiving and fall in general so usually I try to keep Christmas stuff to after Christmas. But this year, I’ve already broken out the peppermint creamer and already watched a Christmas movie or two on the Hallmark Channel.
And since I’ve broken out the peppermint with my creamer, it’s a great time to break out the peppermint in my baking as well. I love the combo of chocolate and peppermint and these cookies are a great little bite of both flavors.
They are also so easy to make and would be great for any holiday party or as a neighbor gift.
- 1½ sticks butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 3.4 oz package instant chocolate pudding
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup crushed candy canes
Preheat your oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl cream your butter and sugars together.
Add in the pudding mix and mix until well blended. Add your eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add flour & baking soda and mix until well incorporated. Fold in candy canes.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking stone or cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Flatten them a bit with your hand.
- Bake these cookies for about 8-9 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Leave on baking pan a couple minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
So if you’re ready to whip out the candy canes too, try these cookies and see what you think!
Don’t forget to pin!