Crushed candy canes combined with my favorite chocolate cookie recipe make these peppermint chocolate cookies a holiday favorite.
I love Thanksgiving and fall in general so usually I try to keep Christmas stuff to after Christmas. But this year, I’ve already broken out the peppermint creamer and already watched a Christmas movie or two on the Hallmark Channel.
And since I’ve broken out the peppermint with my creamer, it’s a great time to break out the peppermint in my baking as well. I love the combo of chocolate and peppermint and these cookies are a great little bite of both flavors.
They are also so easy to make and would be great for any holiday party or as a neighbor gift.
- 1½ sticks butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 3.4 oz package instant chocolate pudding
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl cream your butter and sugars together.
- Add in the pudding mix and mix until well blended. Add your eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add flour & baking soda and mix until well incorporated. Fold in candy canes.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking stone or cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Flatten them a bit with your hand.
- Bake these cookies for about 8-9 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Leave on baking pan a couple minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Looking for more Christmas Cookies?
Don’t forget to pin!