My husband loves pineapple upside down cake, and has been asking me to make it for a while. While I was looking at different recipes, I decided it might be fun (and easier for him to take to work) if I made it in cupcake form. So, I concocted a little recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes and I think they turned out pretty well.
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 8 oz can Crushed Pineapple or Pinapple Tidbits,, drained
- 2/3 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Shortening
- 6 Tbsp Milk
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, microwave butter until melted, then mix in brown sugar.
- Spoon the brown sugar mixture evenly into the cupcake liners, and then top with even amounts of pineapple.
- In a large bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients with an electric mixer, for about 1 minute on low and then 2 minutes on high. Divide this mixture evenly over the pineapple.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges start to brown. Remove from oven, and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Turn cupcakes upside down, remove cupcake liner, and serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- I recommend storing any leftovers upside down on a plate, so that the wrapper doesn't stick too badly to the pineapple mixture.
Follow us on Pinterest at Coffee With Us 3
Check out our link parties here.