Pork Roast in the Instant Pot is a delicious roast that can be paired with most any vegetable. With this made in the instant pot, it’s a set it and forget it kind of meal.
When I first got my instant pot, I tried to make a few things that I normally cook in my dutch oven or in my slower cooker. Some of those recipes didn’t work as well as I hoped.
So I backed up and started with easier things. I cooked chicken to shred for other recipes and potatoes for mashed potatoes. Once I felt like I had the hang of that, I moved onto a little bit harder recipes.
Pork roast was one of those recipes. I made it a couple times before I was able to get it right.
When you are beginning to use your Instant Pot, it takes a little time to know how yours works. I have read that elevation makes a little bit of a different in the amount of time it takes to cook food in the instant pot.
Also the thickness of your food makes a difference as well. The thicker the meat is the longer it takes to cook. If you want a fast roast, you can cut it so it’s not so thick.
- 3 lb pork shoulder or butt, about 4" thick
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce, use coconut aminos instead for Whole30 compliance
- Add olive oil to pan of instant pot and turn on saute function.
- Mix all seasonings together and rub pork with mixture.
- Place in instant pot and sear each side.
- Pour chicken stock and lemon juice over roast.
- Set instant pot to pressure cook for 70 minutes on high.
- Once it has finished allow to naturally release.
- Remove roast from pan and allow it to rest. Leave juices in instant pot.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 Tbsp cornstarch with cold water until dissolved. Add to juices in pot to make gravy. Turn on saute and mix until thickened. You may need to add more dissolved cornstarch to get your desired thickeness.
- Enjoy roast with gravy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t forget to pin!