Pumpkin and chocolate go so well together, in this vintage Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe!
When I showed up with the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, my mother-in-law told me the cookies were good, and asked where I got the recipe, so I told her. The hilarious part is that she didn’t remember submitting the recipe, or even that she’d ever made them!
Now that I have kids, I find this is my go-to recipe for quick, easy cookies that have some vitamins and fiber in them, so they’re at least slightly redemptive!
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Egg
- 15 oz Can of Pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 370°
- Mix together sugar and oil.
- Mix in remaining ingredients except flour and chocolate chips.
- Stir in flour. Once that’s incorporated, stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until set.
I always think that these look like they will spread out while cooking, but they bake the exact size and shape that you drop them.
What are your favorite pumpkin recipes? And have you ever done something so silly to try and impress your in-laws?