Raspberry Cake with Chocolate Frosting is a cake packed with fresh raspberries and covered in a delicious chocolate frosting.
Our recipe for Simply Delicious Strawberry Cake has been a huge hit, both on the blog and every time I’ve made it. As we have a large extended family, I usually have to make 2 cakes for birthdays, and I usually try to make 2 different kinds.
So for Baby Girl’s 2nd birthday last summer, I made the strawberry cake and also made a twist on the recipe to create Raspberry Cake with Chocolate Frosting.
I knew that I wanted to pair the raspberry cake with chocolate frosting, since raspberry and chocolate are such a delicious combination. I was please that this cake turned out just as moist as the strawberry cake. It was so good!
- 1 white cake mix
- 3 oz box of raspberry gelatin
- 12 oz fresh or frozen raspberries, pureed
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 round 9" cake pans and line with greased parchment paper (or flour them). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and gelatin. Stir in raspberries, eggs, water, and oil. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour into pans and bake in the center of oven for 20-23 minutes, or until edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes, then cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
- Stir cocoa and vanilla into butter. Using an electric mixer, alternate beating in powdered sugar and milk, until mixture is smooth.
- Frost cake and serve.
Don’t forget to pin!