Reindeer Dessert is a snack mix that is perfect for parties. It is a mix of popcorn, pretzels and candy. The mix of flavors and textures makes for a party in your mouth.
About once a month, my girlfriend and I get together for coffee. We try recipes out on each other. If it’s a flop, it’s completely ok. However, rarely do we have flops. For our upcoming Christmas party, I didn’t want to make any new recipes without testing them first. You get the benefit of the best of my testing. Reindeer Dessert is another recipe I’m testing for the party. It is a really good one.
Our party isn’t going to be super fancy, but I want it to have good food. This snack mix works perfectly for that. It has a great mixture of flavor and texture. Chocolate, salt, and sweet. Soft of the melting candy, crunch from the m&m’s and a softer crunch from the popcorn.
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 2 Tbsp oil if popping on the stove
- 12 oz vanilla melting candy
- 1 M bag red & green &M's 12 oz or more
- Red & green sprinkles
- 1 cup broken pretzels
- Pop popcorn on stove or using air popper.
- If popping on stove, add oil to 6 qt pan (pan will need a lid). Add 2 kernels to oil. Once they both pop, pour remaining kernels into pan and cover. Allow to pop until it's popping less than 1 pop every 3-4 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Pour popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a medium sauce pan, add melting candy. Heat on low until completely melted.
- Meanwhile add M&M's and pretzels to popcorn.
- Once candy is melted, pour half over popcorn mixture. Sprinkle the red & green sprinkles over the candy and stir. Repeat with second half of candy.
- Once thoroughly combined, spread on a large baking sheet. Allow to cool.
- Break apart and enjoy.
Don’t forget to pin!