Roasted Chicken is an beautiful and delicious way to cook a whole chicken. Thyme, rosemary, garlic and lemon make this chicken a wonderful savory dish.
Today is our 2nd anniversary. We can hardly believe it’s been two years since we began blogging together. It has been quite an adventure. We have learned so much and look forward to learning more. We want to celebrate by giving away a dutch oven. I love mine and would love for you to have one too. But before we get to the giveaway, I am sharing a recipe to make in that dutch oven.
Roasted Chicken is one of the first things things I made when I decided to seriously start branch out with my cooking. I had mostly been cooking what my mom had cooked and a few things I had picked up along the way. But I hadn’t tried anything I hadn’t eaten before. Yes, I had had chicken, but I had never had a whole chicken. And I don’t think I had ever used thyme.
I discovered a website a while back called Foodpairing.com. It helps you learn what flavors go together. It helps me with experimenting. I used it for this recipe. I knew I wanted to use thyme but what goes with thyme. Well rosemary and lemon both go with thyme. So that’s what we are using.
- 1 -5 to 6 lb whole chicken
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 7 cloves garlic, divided
- 1 pieces medium yellow onion, cut into large
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, pepper, salt and 2 garlic cloves, minced.
- Remove giblets from chicken.
- Lift the skin on the chicken over the breast and rub mixture under the skin on the meat.
- Rub the outside of the entire chicken with remaining mixture.
- Peel remaining 5 garlic cloves. Place garlic and onion pieces in the cavity of the chicken.
- Place chicken in dutch oven and place in oven.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice and Enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Now onto the giveaway!
Lodge Dutch Oven in your choice of color up to $60. If the color you would like is more, you are welcome to pay the difference.
Below is a rafflecopter entry form.
Don’t forget to pin!