Sausage and Cheese Hashbrown Bites are a delicious bite sized nuggets of goodness. These could be served as an appetizer or as a side dish.
Hash browns are a staple of Idaho. We have them for all occasions and for every meal. You can’t have a funeral without funeral potatoes which have hash browns in them.
A few years ago I bought a lot of hashbrowns from a kid raising money for the wrestling team. I had to come with creative ways to use all those hash browns. So far I’ve made Cheesy Hashbrown Bites and Jalapeno Popper Hash Brown Bites and these Sausage and Cheese Hashbrown Bites.
Because these Sausage and Cheese Hashbrown Bites are pretty easy to make they make a great appetizer for a large party.
You could also make them and freeze them for a quick bite on the run. Pop them in the microwave and you’ve got a quick bit to tide you over until dinner. They would be great for the kids during the witching hour. Here are more tips for surviving the witching hour.
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 20 oz frozen hash browns (thawed a little)
- 1 cup french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Brown sausage in a skillet. Once browned set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix sour cream, shredded cheese, salt & egg together until well blended.
- In a large bowl, mix sausage, hash browns, and french fried onions together.
- Mix in the sour cream mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Using a medium dasher scoop, scoop mixture in mini muffin pan.
- Bake in oven for 30 -35 minutes. Tops with turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy.
Don’t forget to pin!